Posts tagged with "books"
Award-Winning Books for Kids
Book Sets for Your Book Club
Bookmobile Open During Farmer’s Market
Celebrate our Bookmobile
- It is one of 930 bookmobiles in the nation.
- It carries approximately 3,500 items.
- More than 6,600 items are checked out per month.
- About 1,800 people visit it every month.
- It makes as many as 61 stops each month at schools, neighborhoods, parks and other locations.
- It utilizes new, green technology: bio-diesel fuel, battery packs and sun roofs.
Check Out the New Bookmobile
The Library’s new bookmobile is making its rounds with a new look and great updates users will appreciate. The new color and graphics on the outside are just the beginning. It is three feet longer so it has more room to carry the newest books, movies, music and magazines. It also has a higher ceiling, additional skylights and better lighting. And with lower steps into the bookmobile, it is even easier to come aboard. In addition to the added space, it has a new “green” feature – a battery pack that helps save fuel by using the generator less. Check here to see when it is coming to a stop near you.To visit the What's Up at the Library blog homepage, click here.
Extreme Dollhouse Makeover
Stop by Kids' World to see our newly refurbished dollhouse. It is now interactive. Touch the screen and rooms light up; touch toys in the rooms and books pop up. There are five objects in each room that correspond to books in our collection. See if you can find them all!
Get Capone: Author Jonathan Eig
Great Books for Kids
How to Write Book Reviews
Join a Book Discussion Group