Adding a Memory
Click Add Memory on Home Sweet Home's menu bar.
Home Sweet Home displays the Create Memory Screen.
|You can share memories from other websites, upload your own personal memories or create a board by clicking the appropriate buttons on this screen.|
Add Memory Button
Once installed in your browser, the Memory button lets you grab an image from any website and add it to one of your memory boards. When you add memories from a website, we automatically grab the source link so we can credit the original creator.
Upload a Memory
Clicking the Upload a Memory button lets you create a memory on the Home Sweet Home site by uploading pictures or videos or just telling a story.
- Click the Picture, Video or Story button, depending on the type of memory you are creating.
Complete additional fields.
Depending on the type of memory you choose, additional fields are displayed for you to fill out - details about these fields are described below.
Specify the board you wish to pin to.
- Click in the Board field.
- Select an existing board from the drop-down list that appears. Or, type a new name. If the board doesn't exist yet, it will be created automatically when you save.
- Choose a category which best fits the memory.
- Provide "tags" (words that describe your memory), if you'd like.
- Use the Credit /Source URL to give credit where credit is due. If someone else took the picture you are posting, type credit information. If you wish to reference another website, paste the URL here.
- Click Save.
Your memory is automatically added (pinned) to the board you specified and is live on the site.
When you create a picture memory, a field for uploading the picture from your computer is displayed.
- Click the Browse button next to the picture field.
- Select the picture you want to use from your computer.
- Click Upload.
When you create a video memory, a field for adding the video URL is displayed. Home Sweet Home does not host videos but can include them from other sites.
- Copy the URL from the site hosting the video.
- Paste the URL into the Video URL field.
All memories have a place to add a story. Type your memory in the box provided.
Create a Board
Although boards can be automatically creating by typing a new name into the Board field when creating a memory, the Create a Board button lets you describe the board, assign a default category to all memories assigned to the board, as well as allow others to pin to your board. Find out more on the Creating a Board Help page.