Located in the nonfiction area (near Customer Services), our self-serve Tax Station currently offers federal as well as Illinois tax forms and publications. Please call Customer Services directly to find out if a specific form or publication is available: 847-506-2640.
Although our librarians cannot and do not offer tax advice, they can help you find forms and publications. Here are a few resources they've selected to help you get started:
Illinois Tax Forms and Publications
Federal Tax Forms and Publications
Free File - Your Link to Free Federal Online Filing
- AARP Tax Assistance Locator (Find an AARP tax-aide site near you.)
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library-- people can sign up for free tax AARP counseling. Begins Feb.15
- Wheeling Township--has AARP representatives who provide this free service to seniors (60) and the disabled. 847-259-7730
- Arlington Heights Senior Center--provides free tax service to people 60 yrs and older. 847-253-5532
CEDA Northwest 1300 West Northwest Highway, Mt Prospect - (847) 392-2332
Every Saturday starting Jan 30- April 10 from 8:30-12:00 p.m. CEDA's clinic will service clients on a first come, first serve basis (No appointments available at this time). It serves low- to moderate-income people (generally, $49,000 and below).
The Center for Economic Progress--The closest location is in Elgin (about 20 miles) and all the rest are in Chicago
- IRS Schiller Park office--5100 River Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176. Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30 Phone: 847-671-7541 (about 20 miles)