Posts tagged with "business"
SCORE: Franchise Opportunities
A representative from SCORE, counselors to America's small business, will discuss how to identify and then research a franchise that is right for you.
Social Media Marketing Made Simple
You’ve probably heard of social media. You may even understand the value social media can bring to your business. Now wondering how to start? In this introductory session, we cover strategies and best practices to get the most out of your social media activities, including:
- What social media marketing really is and why it is important
- An overview of social media and how to evaluate the channels that are right for your business or organization
- How small businesses and organizations are using these low-cost tools to gain visibility, develop relationships and drive sales and response
- How to create good content for your social media marketing campaigns
- How to incorporate social media marketing into your business life without losing productivity. How to create an integrated marketing plan with social media, email marketing and other marketing efforts.
Date and time: Tuesday, August 21, 7 p.m.
Location: Hendrickson Room
Starting a Small Business: Panel Discussion
Surveys and Scheduling Tools for Your Business
Are you interested in tools to make your busy life easier? Join us to learn about scheduling and survey tools including Doodle, Survey Monkey and Google Calendar.
Date and time: Monday, August 13, 7 p.m., or Tuesday, August 14, 10 a.m.
Location: Business Center
Register for August 13
Register for August 14
Using Deal-of-the-Day Sites for Your Business: Groupon, Living Social and More
The use of coupon websites has gone mainstream, and businesses and customers are reaping the rewards. Find out how you can use these services to reach thousands of potential and repeat customers.
Using Google Analytics for Your Website
Learn how to use Google Analytics to track visitors to your website. Google Analytics allows users to compile statistics on search engine referrers, keywords, visitor location and more.
Using Pinterest for Your Business
Pinterest is a social photo sharing website that allows users to organize images in collections by themes such as hobbies, products, locations and more. Learn how your business can utilize this image sharing tool to highlight your products or services.
Using Your iPad for Business
Learn about the hottest apps for your tablet that will help you to be more productive and efficient at work.
Date and time: Tuesday, September 18, 1:30–3 p.m.
Yelp and Google Places for Business